Saturday, December 29, 2012

Dandelion - Wishes brought to you - REVIEW




Doesn’t all love stories start off with a wish?

Well, whether that’s true or not “Dandelion - wishes brought to you,” is one game you’ll be wishing you owned. To be honest, I’m not entirely familiar with this genre of PC games so I’m not quite sure what to call it. A game, an interactive novel, a ‘dating sims’ simulation? Whatever one decides to call it, Dandelion is most definitely worth your buck if you’re a romance enthusiast who enjoys great art, a great storyline and 5 equally great personalities you’re more than free to choose from.

To get a gist of what Dandelion is all about, please follow the link provided: Click here

For this post, I’ll be reviewing my first ever experience trying out and actually purchasing a type of game that I never thought I’d spend 30 dollars on. Yes, I know what you may be thinking: 30 U.S. dollars? Holy cow! That’s a lot of money, especially for a student such as myself. But, after playing the demo I can say that I was hook from the very beginning. I unfortunately don’t have any other game experiences such as this one to compare and contrast to but I can say Dandelion is visually ’enticing’ in the sense that the character design as well as their personality just seem to fit any girls needs and desires in a man…so to speak. From a hot-headed spotted cat, to a quiet, reserved and level-minded silver bunny,  Dandelion caters to every girls preference in both personality as well as the, quote on quote, ‘exotic’ beauty these 5 diverse physiognomies harbor. All in all, in my own experience, I love the game. It made me laugh (especially with Jiwoo’s route) and made me unexpectedly tear up because once you get to know these characters background you can’t help but to get slightly attached to the point where you just get all teary-eyed from the bitter-sweet endings some of these character routes provide; Because not only do the characters and the story get you hooked to the point of ‘no return‘, but the choice in music really hits you right into the core of all things emotional.

Without being redundant in this review (and practically gushing over this game), I can say that Dandelion is worth your money. I have a friend that also plays this game and I can say, without a doubt in my mind, that we really do enjoy ‘spazzing’ out when we talk about the game and the guys that come with it. It’s sweet, it’s romantic, it’s funny and it really makes time disappear so quickly once you log into the game.

Of course, with every item for purchase, I noticed some flaws. It’s not super noticeable but there are just a few dialogue that’s grammatically off, yet still understandable. In addition, there are a few misspellings here and there, which include weird sentence structure but nothing that would irritate you to the point where you regret you bought the game; oh no, like I  mentioned before, this is worth every penny if you’re into this kind of genre and or gameplay, or if you just want to pass some time and try something new. Sure, some scenes don’t provide the vocal dialogue/voice acting (which, might I add is super exquisite and emotionally believable) that’s prevalent throughout the game, but it’s something that can be easily overlooked.

To sum it all up, ‘Dandelion -wishes brought to you’ is a great way to start a new journey into the kind of games companies like Cheritz provides. Whether it’s your first experience or you’re an avid consumer of this kind of form of entertainment, you will enjoy your purchase in every way shape and form. But, if you want to find out for yourself if this game is right for you, try out the free demo the site provides and perhaps you’ll get hooked like I did and buy a game that is most definitely worth your time.

Main website: Click here
Demo Download: Click here
Full Download: Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment